Missed this month's BLUH meeting? Here's what we covered!
EPNI RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Vanessa Haight, EPNI Executive Director shared an update on EPNI work in the time of COVID-19, including:
- EPNI Annual Meeting postponed to September 14th
- Most Committee & Task Force meetings on hold through May 4th
- DIY Spring Clean-Up (see https://www.facebook.com/ElliotParkNeighborhood for details)
- Check out the NEW Facebook Group for the Elliot Park Community (https://www.facebook.com/groups/782092095532144/)
- Check out the local list of resources and ways to help regarding COVID-19 (https://www.elliotpark.org/covid_19_resources)
- Make your own mask and/or donate some to those in need. See CDC approved pattern.
- Support our local businesses!
Segue Coffee: curbside coffee orders and custom t-shirts
FINNEGANS Brew Co.: curbside growlers and merch orders
Gamut Gallery: online shop open, free shipping for local orders
Kristi Abbott Collage: online shop open
Elliot Park Grocery: open
East Village Market: open
- Keep up to date with our monthly e-news (sign up at elliotpark.org or find it in on our news page)
- Reach out to EPNI at [email protected] or 612-335-5846. We're here to help connect you to the resources you need.
Glen shared updates on a number of developments planned or current under construction in the neighborhood. See presentation slides for details.
Important to note: Sherman Associates development on the south end of the Thrivent block will bring a revised plan to the May 21st BLUH meeting. Additionally, a demo application is currently being considered for the First Church of Christ Scientist building. Stay tuned to EPNI for updates.
UPDATES & OPEN DISCUSSION
Vachel Hudson, EPNI Co-Chair, led the group in an open discussion.
- Camping in the park: the group discussed the camping occurring in Elliot Park. With the Governor’s Stay Home order, encampments cannot be removed. The Park Police are aware and have checked in on the campers.
- The City is installing a hygiene station at Hope Church with a bathroom and handwashing station.
- The City of Minneapolis is once again accepting new land use applications and as items move forward, they will come to BLUH for consideration.
- EPNI will keep in touch with DMNA regarding the site of the former Drake Hotel.
- Hennepin Healthcare is encouraging folks to utilize e-visits for non-urgent healthcare, including new patients.
- City of Minneapolis is holding their meetings virtually, it’s a good time to check out a meeting.
We hope to see you at our next BLUH meeting on May 21st, 6:00 PM via Zoom! Tentative agenda includes: presentation from Sherman Associates on revised development plans for 500 S 7th Street (south portion of Thrivent block) and a variance application by Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board related to the new skate park at Elliot Park.