EPNI is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors composed of at least 60% residents and no more than 40% organizations/businesses. The Board of Directors establishes the identity and direction of the organization, ensures necessary resources, and provides oversight. Each year, one-third (5) of the Board seats are up for election. In 2020, EPNI implemented a new process for board elections to enhance accessibility and respond to COVID-19 challenges. This process includes a mailed voter guide and an extended online and mailed voting period.
If you are interested in serving on the EPNI Board of Directors, please review the information below.
Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
1. As a new member, you will serve with a group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of our community.
2. Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with our neighborhood and give you the chance to develop new skills.
3. By serving on the EPNI Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The EPNI Board of Directors sets the vision for the organization and allocates financial resources toward that vision. The EPNI Board meets once a month for most of the year. Board members also serve on EPNI committees and help with EPNI events and activities.
4. You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make EPNI an even stronger organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Monthly Board Meetings – Second Monday of Each Month (6-8 pm)
• New Board Member Orientation (TBD)
• Total time commitment per month is about 10 hours
• Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
• Commitment to financially support EPNI within your means
• Ability to complete a full Three-Year Term
• Live, work, or own property in the Elliot Park Neighborhood
• Board members must be 18 years or older
• See who is currently serving on the EPNI Board of Directors - https://www.elliotpark.org/about
• Attend upcoming EPNI meetings, including a Board of Directors meeting - see upcoming meetings here: https://www.elliotpark.org/calendar.
How to Apply
To be included in the mailed voter guide, interested candidates should complete an online application. The online application period will open soon and be posted here.
- April 12, 2021 – Applications due
- Early May – Candidate Guide published online and printed version arrives in mailboxes. Voting opens (online and via mailed ballot).
- May 24, 2021 – EPNI Annual Meeting
- May 28, 2021 – Voting closes. Results will be announced in the June EPNI E-News and on Facebook. All candidates will be contacted by email and notified of results.
If you have any questions or would like to chat about serving on the EPNI Board, please contact:
Vanessa Haight, Executive Director
Elliot Park Neighborhood