EPNI Board of Directors elections are typically held in May at our annual meeting. Due to COVID-19, EPNI postponed our annual meeting to September 14th. This year, there are 7 seats open for election. Five of the seats have a term of 2020-2023 and two of the seats have a term of 2020-2022 (filling a vacancy). To enhance accessibility, EPNI is mailing a voter guide to residents and offering an extended online and mailed voting period. If you are interested in the EPNI Board of Directors, please review the information below, consider attending a board information session, and submit your application by August 17th.
Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
1. As a new member, you will serve with a group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of our community.
2. Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with our neighborhood and give you the chance to develop new skills.
3. By serving on the EPNI Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The EPNI Board of Directors sets the vision for the organization and allocates financial resources toward that vision. The EPNI Board meets once a month for most of the year. Board members also serve on EPNI committees and help with EPNI events and activities.
4. You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make EPNI an even stronger organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Monthly Board Meetings – Second Monday of Each Month (6-7:30 pm)
• New Board Member Orientation (TBD)
• Total time commitment per month is about 10 hours
• Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
• Commitment to financially support EPNI within your means
• Ability to complete a full Three-Year Term (or replacement term)
• Live, work, or own property in the Elliot Park Neighborhood
• Board members must be 18 years or older
Board Information Sessions:
Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to attend an online information session or schedule a time to meet with Vanessa Haight, EPNI's Executive Director to learn more about serving on the Board. Eligibility requirements, terms and service, election process, and other information will be discussed.
Friday, August 7, 12-1 pm
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the Online Application by August 17, 2020.
- August 17, 2020 – Applications due
- September 1, 2020 – Candidate Guide published online and printed version arrives in mailboxes. Voting opens (online and via mailed ballot).
- September 14, 2020 – EPNI Annual Meeting (Zoom)
- September 24, 2020 – Voting closes. Results will be announced in the October 1st EPNI E-News and on Facebook. All candidates will be contacted by email and notified of results.
If you have any questions or would like to chat, please contact:
Vanessa Haight, Executive Director
Elliot Park Neighborhood
Thanks for your interest in serving on the EPNI Board!